Tips and Tricks for Dealing with Job Placement Agencies
Employee retention is a problem for companies around the world. At the end of June 2015, a reported 2.7 million people voluntarily left their jobs. This represented a 25% increase from 2013. One of the keys to keeping good workers is hiring the right people in the first place. Many companies will turn to a job placement agency to help them hire the right people. Business News Daily reported on the best way to use an executive search consultant service to help you get the right staff for your business.
- Start with the right job placement agency. The first step in working with talent acquisition management services is to find the right one. When you are interviewing firms you should ask them a few key questions and make sure they take the time to get to know you and your business needs. Here are some questions you need to ask:
- How much experience do you have in our industry? Every industry has its own needs in terms of what kinds of people they need to hire. You need to hire a job placement agency that has a good understanding of what you do and how your company fits into the overall industry.
- How do you find your people? It is important to go with a company that treats people well and is able to attract the best people. A reputable job placement agency will properly vet the people it sends to you. They will make sure these candidates have the right credentials, training, and experience.
- What is your success rate and how long do most of your placements stay in the positions you find them? You want to hire an executive search firm that builds relationships with people that last. This should not be a “one and done” operation.
- Take some time to determine what your needs are. It will be impossible for any job placement agency to help you effectively if you really are not sure what you want. Before you set up any meetings with agencies that are going to help you get the right people for your team, take some real time and think about what the jobs are that you need to fill, what skillsets you need, and what people you currently have who are doing the most to advance your business goals.
- Communicate your needs. This may seem like a simple thing but a lot of companies do not communicate as effectively with job placement agencies as they think they do. When you are talking to an agency, make sure you and they are on the same page when it comes to what you need and want from the people you hire.
- Make sure everything you do is legal. Of course, you do not want to break any laws when you are hiring new people for your company. When you are looking to hire new people, there are a number of kinds of employees you can get. You have to make sure you have all of your t’s crossed and i’s are dotted when it comes to the payroll taxes, worker classification, and citizenship requirements are met. You should also have your legal team or a lawyer you hire for this review all of the contracts to make sure you have everything in order. Experts recommend having what is called a dual indemnification clause in any contracts you have.
- Remember, you want to develop a relationship with the job placement agency. If you find a good agency, the chances are that you are going to need and want to use them again in the future. People do not stay in jobs for decades like they did in the past so you should work towards having a working relationship with the agency so you can go back to them when you need to expand or replace workers who leave. There are a lot of agencies out there but the longer you work with one, the better they will get to know, not just your business, but your company culture. This will make it easier for them to get you the very best candidates for your company.