Five Reasons Why Search Firms Can Help Your Company FInd The Best People To Hire
For one reason or another, people are switching jobs more than ever. This is particularly true of millennials, who have dubbed the “Job Hopping Generation.” This is because six in 10 millennials are open to a new job at any given time, more than other generations. Regardless of generation, 2.7 million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June 2015, a 25 percent increase from 2013.
There are many reasons people leave jobs including:
- Lack of motivation: According to a Gallup poll, only two in 10 workers believe their manager is doing a good job of encouraging them to do their best work.
- Lack of recognition: Nearly 86 percent of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- Bad Fit: A recent survey by Robert Half showed that more than a third of 1,400 executives felt the top factor leading to a failed hire, aside from performance issues, is a poor skills match. The second most common reason (30 percent) was unclear performance objectives.
Whatever the reason, workers leaving their jobs in such great numbers, leaves companies with lots of spaces to fill. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median tenure at a company for workers aged 25 to 34 is 3.2 years and the average number for all workers is 4.6 years.
Hiring the right people with the right attitude and skill set can cut down on continuous job openings. That’s where an HR executive search firm comes in. Hiring an HR executive search firm can help ensure that companies get workers who will be around for the long haul. Benefits of hiring such a search firm include:
- Getting good talent: Rather than just picking from whoever responded to a job posting, an HR executive search firm makes sure that companies are getting the best candidates for jobs. Poor skills match has already been cited as a big reason for failed hires and a search firm can make sure companies are getting the cream of the crop in their hiring pool.
- Job hunters: A good HR executive search firm will “recruit” top talent and make companies aware of their findings. Rather than posting jobs, a search firm will engage candidates who fit what a particular company is looking for and present them to that company’s hiring board.
- Screening: Getting a couple hundred resumes from a job posting seems like a great thing, but an HR executive search firm will screen that list down to the top three, four or five candidates who fit the bill of what a company is looking for in an employee.
- Solutions: By screening for the top candidates, a company knows all of them are qualified. But an HR executive search firm will ask a company questions. What are the company’s goals? What are they hoping their new hire will accomplish? What kinds of skills or talents is a company looking for in a candidate? The answers a company provides will give the search firm the answers they need to effectively screen for the right candidates.
- Perspective: The whole point of a job search is to fill job openings, but an HR executive search firm can make it about more than just pouring over resumes. A search firm can offer a fresh take on a job search and can offer different ways to find the top talent that a company is looking for. Companies are always challenging employees to think outside the box and a good search firm can offer that exact same approach when it comes to hiring.
No matter the job, companies are looking for people will the right skills and temperament who mesh with their ideals and values. Hiring the right HR executive search firm can take all the guesswork out of hiring and ensure that companies are hiring the right type of people to fit their needs.